Year of establishment: 2005
Purpose of the association – sustainable cultural-artistic and social development of the communitie and the settlements in the County of Alba.
The purposes of the Association are the following:
- Promoting the Romanian and universal traditional cultural values;
- Promoting a sustainable, nature- and environment-friendly tourism;
- Promoting and supporting study and research activities regarding Romanian history and civilization;
- Revaluating, publicizing and presenting certain areas with touristic potential;
- Restauration and preservation of archeological sites;
- Environmentally friendly reconstruction and preservation of nature protection areas;
- Carrying out environmental activities;
- Promoting information and public awareness-raising activities regarding Romania’s opportunities within the new European context;
- Increasing the communities’ contribution to solving social problems;
- Youth education actions through art and culture, organizing courses, colloquia and other specific events.
- Collaborating with different persons, public local authorities, other national or foreign institutions, governmental organizations and NGOs towards implementing projects of public interest in fields such as culture and tourism.
- Involvement in projects of the local community, partnership with the public authorities and with national and foreign public authorities and non-governmental organizations which should support the realization of educational projects meant to develop the action-oriented spirit of young people.
- Elaboration, editing and dissemination of books, periodicals, prints, flyers, brochures, audio-video materials, as well as other similar materials meant to promote the cultural-artistic activities of the association;
- Developing some own activities – other than economic – intended to help the association towards self-financing;
- Promoting and developing programs specific to culture and tourism in schools, highschools and universities,
- Supporting the efforts of constructing, rearranging, modernizing and equiping certain social, cultural establishments, in order to carry out there activities with educational, cultural, humanitarian, social, instructing and charity-related purposes;
- Organizing, promoting programs and campaigns regarding the civil society involvement in the administrative-territorial process at the level of Local and County Councils;
- Organization and participation at cultural-artistic, scientific events, symposia, workshops, radio and TV-shows and camps conforming to the Association’s purposes.
Directions of activity and missions in the period 2006-2010:
- preservation and promotion of the spiritual cultural heritage: Living with Traditions – educational workshops, the Celebration of the Wheat Crown, the Craftsmen Work-shop for the Art of Sewing and Weaving;
- Preservation and promotion of the local cultural heritage: organizing and developing the Village Museum Bucerdea Vinoasă, a traditional winegrowing exhibition;
- Supporting the research and the revaluation of the real estate cultural heritage: research campaigns and exhibitions – the Dacian Apoulon - Piatra Craivii; the Memorial Park.
- integrating a location for the public benefit: The Rural Cultural Center – The Apoulon-House.